The Board of Governors serves as an advisory and advocacy group that works with the UT Foundation and the university administration on the management and direction of the UT Alumni Association. Consisting of 32 members from across the UT System, the board meets three times a year to discuss engagement opportunities, to review programs and services, and to evaluate academic enrichment programs supported by the alumni association.
PRESIDENT Tim Tucker (Health Science Center ’88) is a pharmacist and owner of City Drug Company in Huntingdon. Tucker formerly served on the Board of Governors in 2007 and was elected for a three-year term in 2016. He has been a member of the UT Health Science Center Pharmacy Alumni Board, the UTAA Alumni Legislative Council and has served on the UTAA Programming, Engagement and Career Services committees. He is married to Diane (Health Science Center ’93), and they have three sons, Will, Matthew and Jack.
PRESIDENT-ELECT Emily Capadalis Love (Knoxville ’78) is a retired senior vice president from First Tennessee Bank in Memphis. In 2013, Love became chair of the UTAA Women’s Council and served as its representative on the Board of Governors for two years. She was elected to serve a three-year term on the board in 2016 and has served on the Nominating, Annual Giving, Career Services and Engagement committees. She also served on the UT Foundation Strategic Planning committee. She is the mother of twin girls, Andrea Swafford (Knoxville ’03) and Stephanie Kennedy (Knoxville ’03). Emily is married to Tom.
TREASURER Stephanie Simpson (Martin ’86, Knoxville ’92) is the senior tax manager with HCA Healthcare in Nashville. She served on the UT Knoxville Nashville Chapter Board as secretary, treasurer, president-elect and then president in 2012. Simpson was a member of the UT Advisory Council for two years. She was elected to serve a three-year term on the Board of Governors in 2016 and has served on the Engagement, Annual Giving and Nominating committees. She is married to Ted and has a daughter, Kate.
PAST PRESIDENT/CHAIR OF ANNUAL GIVING John Staley (Chattanooga ’93) resides in Knoxville and is vice president of operations for CORA Physical Therapy. Staley has served on the UTC Alumni Council and Board of Directors and is past president of the UTC Physical Therapy Alumni Association, which he assisted in creating. He has served on the UT Advisory Council and the Alumni Career Services Task Force. He has served on the UTAA Annual Giving, Communication, Marketing, Career Services, Engagement and Nominating committees. He is married to Stephanie (Knoxville ’94) and has two sons, Garrett and Grayson.
Board of Governors Members
- Lee Ann Adams (Chattanooga ’94; Knoxville ’97)
- Randy Boyd* (Knoxville ’79)
- Jessica Bradberry (Knoxville ’96, ’98)
- Carlos Clardy (Health Science Center ’11)
- Kim Coffey (Chattanooga ’77, ’87; Health Science Center ’78)
- Jay Dale (Chattanooga ’94, ’01)
- Jim Duke Jr. (Knoxville ’73)
- Erin Freeman (Knoxville ’02)
- Jayne Holder* (Chattanooga ’74)
- Jackie Johnson* (Martin ’08, ’10)
- Landon Messal (Agriculture ’80)
- Mike Moss (Martin ’63; Knoxville ’70)
- Tonya Parson (Martin ’93; Health Science Center ’04)
- Lee Patouillet* (Knoxville ’76)
- Mitch Pollard (Martin ’93)
- Dan Schlacter (Knoxville ’02)
- Chandra Tuggle-Wilson*
- Darrell Urban (Knoxville ’91)
- Claire Wade (Martin ’95)
- Nicole Wellington (Chattanooga ’95, ’02)
- Brian Winbigler (Knoxville ’03; Health Science Center ’14)
- William Winstead (Martin ’98)
- Kerry Witcher* (Knoxville ’81)
* Ex-officio members